The solution supports manufacturing planning, control and implementation in small and medium-sized manufacturing companies in different ways – as much as necessary and as little as necessary – exactly enough to ensure that the desired efficiency and flexibility are retained. The structure of the manufacturing order is at the centre of attention. It provides information at all times about the planning status implementation progress. Manufacturing orders from systems or machines with customer-specific adaptations can, for example, be drafted, planned, released and manufactured stepwise/overlapping.
Anything is based on master data: the implementation of company-wide business processes as well as all possibilities for gathering information and making decisions. Manufacturing complements SAP Business One to provide the information which small and medium-sized companies need for manufacturing management, cost accounting and controlling.
Industry-specific extended master data in particular
- Bill of Materials / Recipes
- Resources (groups, machines, personnel, tools)
- Cost centers
- Tool management
The manufacturing functions include specific strategies / functions for
materials management: order and stock related production, mixed and
variant production as well as the necessary functions for the
appropriate production planning and execution of manufacturing orders.
In addition to the usual standard features some specially extended areas
shall be mentioned:
- Multiple material requirement models
- Additional options for the control of goods receipt
- Backflushing based on demand of work orders
- Unscheduled postings based on demand to work order
- Extended batch processing and serial number processing
- Extended inventory
- Mobile data collection for warehouse / bin location management
Production order management
- Create orders
A special feature of manufacturing are the many possibilities for creation and processing of various types of production orders, from which the customers can select the appropriate methods for his business.
- Comprehensive planning and execution of external production and supply parts
The functions for rough general planning include the areas of material and capacity requirements planning.
- Rough planning of material requirement
Parameterized MRP methods e.g. for general planning and simulation of partial orders or annual budgets. For more information, see materials management / MRP.
- Capacity planning
Rough-cut capacity planning shows in a simple and clear way available, used and unused capacities for resources.
- By machine, machine groups, personnel
- With graphic tools for evaluation and reports
- With selection of efficient use of resources within the same group, alternative resources and tools
Pool control is an efficient way to plan resource groups or resources. So-called pools can be defined with certain volume of work. By scheduling the production orders, these pools are filled with operations. For selection and execution of the operations there are different information and functions available, so that the processing of the right jobs at the right time is supported.
- Automatic pooling with start date / progress of the operations
- Operations available, first planned, behind schedule
- Easy rescheduling of operations
- Rush orders
- Recalculation of utilization pools using priorities
- Online check of material availability
In addition to fulfilling high quality standards, most small and
medium-sized manufacturing companies must also be able to document them.
Beas offers efficient functions which make it possible for you to plan
and fix the necessary quality tests during the material flow from the
initial procurement through to delivery. Different kinds of test orders
can be assigned to external as well as internal working steps.
The module includes, among other things:
- Manage quality control plans
- Quality control by orders from goods receipt through production to delivery
- Monitoring Expirations dates
- Check, release or block batches and serial number parts
- Order history
- Capture and analyze complaints of customers, suppliers, internal production
Whether you want to prepare estimates for standard products with different lot sizes or customer-specific designs for offers or manufacturing orders – the Cost Estimation makes different possibilities available to you. Highlights of this very flexible module are:
- Calculation scheme freely definable
- Automatically create and manage calculation structures
- Simulate alternative scenarios by changing the formula structure
- Calculation and reporting of marginal costs and full costs and profit contribution
- Production orders can be created from the calculation structure
- Batch calculation with creation of price lists
- History of calculation data
The calculation provides you with one click the current comparison of the accumulated costs with the precalculation of a current order or the profit margin of a completed order. Whether as full, marginal costing or contribution margin, can be determined by the free design of the calculation scheme. Further, the data can be parameterized such that a highly flexible and differentiated assignment of work in process is possible.
- Several calculations parallel
- Comparisons target/actual with drill-down procedure of order for assemblies up to individual movements
- Batch-calculation with selection of different evaluation criteria
- Flexible differentiable WIP using the chart of accounts from SAP Business One