Advanced planning and scheduling (APS)
APS is used for detailed planning in enterprises, if order times, lead times, transition periods, capacity allocations, availability of resources are critical parameters in the value creation process. By graphical visualization and comparison of all activities with resources, a high level of transparency is achieved, where and how intervention is required.
Some of the most important features
- Work order and resource-oriented customizable graphical views and charts
- Various ways to order and operation sequence planning and optimization with/without capacity limits
- Consideration of dependencies in order networks with cross-checking the delivery dates
- Simple selection or change of resources such as machinery or tools
- Consideration of material resources (dispositive and physical stock)